At Bedonwell Junior School, we aim to foster spiritual and moral development, based on the teaching of Christianity and other world faiths. We are sensitive to the beliefs of all pupils from various religious and non- religious backgrounds. We aim to develop a friendly, working partnership with parents and carers and develop relationships with members of religious groups within our school community.
Children are taught to:
- Reflect on what it means to belong to a faith community, communicating their own and other’s responses.
- Respond to the challenge of commitment both in their own lives and within religious traditions, recognising how commitment to a religion is shown in a variety of ways.
- Discuss their own and others’ views of religious truth and belief, expressing their own ideas.
- Reflect on ideas of right and wrong and their own and others’ responses to them.
- Reflect on sources of inspiration in their own and others’ lives.