Sports Premium 2016-17
What it is
From September 2014 each school has received Sports Premium funding from the government. In our school this will amount to £8000 plus £5 per 5-11 year old pupil which for 2016-17 totals £10,360.
How we are using it at Bedonwell Junior School
We are using it to improve the expertise and confidence amongst staff in the delivery of high quality PE lessons across the school and to ensure the children have a very good understanding of healthy lifestyles. We feel that this is the most effective way for the funding to have a long lasting and positive effect on future learning and physical development of children within our school.
- CPD for staff with an emphasis on gymnastics, dance and athletics.
- Training for all support staff; Teaching Assistants, SEN Teaching Assistants, Higher Level Teaching Assistants
- Providing places for afterschool sports clubs
- Providing opportunities for children to compete in inter and intra school competitions
- Increasing participation in school sport
- Allowing teachers time to plan PE lessons together and provide opportunities for team teaching
The impact of the above will be measured through:
- A greater confidence amongst the staff to plan and deliver high quality PE and sport lessons
- Pupil PE assessments
- Increased participation in PE and Sport
- Staff members increased knowledge of the expectations of the new Primary PE curriculum 2014
Click below to view the outcomes of our 2015-2016 sports premium allocation.
Click here for the Sports premium funding action plan 2017-18